About Christie’s Place
Dedicated to serving women, children, and families living with HIV/AIDS
Because HIV/AIDS affects everyone, Christie’s Place is dedicated to fulfilling our promise to successfully support and serve our clients and community. We maintain an underlying principle of hope and instill a sense of empowerment to all of our clients. It is this very experience and our open doors which make us a unique resource and endowment to the community.
For over two decades, Christie’s Place has built a staff who are dedicated to strengthening individuals affected by HIV/AIDS. We continue to be an agent of social change through our commitment to transforming lives by bettering the health and wellness of our clients. Our integrity, expertise and longstanding foundation in the community, along with the delivery of family-centered and comprehensive social services, cultivates hope and empowers women, children and families impacted by HIV/AIDS.
Transforming Lives Since 1996
Christie’s Place is a nonprofit social service organization in San Diego County that provides HIV/AIDS education, support and advocacy. Our mission is to empower women, children, families and individuals whose lives have been impacted by HIV/AIDS to take charge of their health and wellness.
We are the only organization in San Diego County whose mission is dedicated to serving women, children and families living with HIV/AIDS.
Until there is a cure, Christie’s Place is a leader committed to serving women, children, families and individuals living with or affected by HIV/AIDS. By providing comprehensive social services in a safe, supportive and welcoming environment, we encourage those we serve to improve the quality of their lives.
- Provide social and supportive services to assist women and families with children in maintaining and/or improving their personal health status and quality of life.
- Foster self-empowerment and develop leadership skills for women. Educate and encourage women to take an active role in their own care and treatment, and in planning for services.
- Increase access to health care.
- Develop strategies to overcome real and perceived barriers to the system of care.
- Provide basic needs assistance so that women and children can focus on their medical care and treatment.
- Mobilize and support women in advocacy work to strengthen the voices of HIV+ women in determining policy and advocating for services that directly affect their lives.
Christie’s Place is dedicated to the memory of Christie Milton-Torres
A loving and caring wife, mother, sister, daughter and friend. Without her loving guidance, support and perseverance this haven would not be possible.
Christie Milton-Torres dreamed that one day there would be a haven for women, children and families living with HIV/AIDS.